Sunday, September 19, 2010

Birthday Party

I have the best husband ever. 




For weeks now he's been in kahoots with the neighbor ladies planning me a surprise 40th birthday party.  And last night he (and the ladies) pulled it off!  What a surprise! 




About 7:00 Kelly asked me to come over to her house to see something she bought at the Marine gift shop and unbeknownst to me the whole neighborhood was there to wish me a happy birthday.  The kids were then expediently shipped off to our house where Stevie had arranged babysitting for all the kids so we could have a party - adult style. 


Cannon's contribution, "Happy 40 Mom" made out of Legos (and "Maraca Man" - not shown)

Of course that didn't mean we didn't have our share of children's party games.  Like not one, but 3 pinatas that were stuffed with plenty of candy (and a few gag gifts like "Granny panties" and denture cleaner tablets).  We were supposed to play pin the tail on the donkey, but I think the margaritas took over and we left that game behind (get it, behind - ha, ha!)


Pinata blindfold - military style!

Me beating up my pinata.
Nice "granny panties"!


The whole party had a Mexican theme complete with authentic decorations and plenty of yummy, yummy Mexican food (a rare treat here on Okinawa, for all the restaurants out there, we have yet to find some rock-your-socks-off Mexican food).  I even had a chocolate, chocolate, chocolate cactus cake, courtesy of Kelly, including trick candles.



Being crowned the birthday princess by my wonderful hubby.

And a bag full of gag gifts.



Liz and I working on one of the brain teaser puzzles.

Need some specs to see!

What fun!  I haven't had a party since I was 10 years old!!!  Thanks everyone for making me feel so special and NOT old!

No comments:

Post a Comment